Unable to send email through SMTP for user activation in docker

Hi,
I have setup a docker instance of Kobotoolbox successfully. I am able to login as admin and also create forms from the docker instance. However, when I try to create a new account (user) with different email id, it says an activation email is sent. However, i do not receive any emails. I checked the SMTP settings - everything seems to be fine. I even tried the same using ssmtp with the same SMTP settings and I am able to receive emails. However, when trying to activate user through Kobo toolbox, I am not receiving any email.

The SMTP settings in envfiles/smtp.txt is given below (email id and password is removed in this message for security reasons):

EMAIL_BACKEND=django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend EMAIL_HOST=smtp.gmail.com EMAIL_PORT=587 EMAIL_HOST_USER=******** EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD=******* EMAIL_USE_TLS=True DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL=**@

Any help appreciated.Thanks!

Regards

Dev

Hi All,
After bringing down the docker containers and bringing it up again, I have started receiving user activation emails - thanks and apologies for the trouble, if any.

Regards

Dev

ยทยทยท

On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 10:54:38 UTC+5:30, Dev wrote:

Hi,
I have setup a docker instance of Kobotoolbox successfully. I am able to login as admin and also create forms from the docker instance. However, when I try to create a new account (user) with different email id, it says an activation email is sent. However, i do not receive any emails. I checked the SMTP settings - everything seems to be fine. I even tried the same using ssmtp with the same SMTP settings and I am able to receive emails. However, when trying to activate user through Kobo toolbox, I am not receiving any email.

The SMTP settings in envfiles/smtp.txt is given below (email id and password is removed in this message for security reasons):

EMAIL_BACKEND=django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend EMAIL_HOST=smtp.gmail.com
EMAIL_PORT=587 EMAIL_HOST_USER=******** EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD=******* EMAIL_USE_TLS=True DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL=**@

Any help appreciated.Thanks!

Regards

Dev

I am with the same problem but I cannot solve it. Could you detail how to solve it please? Thank you very much