Unresponsive Data View and Edit Page

Hi community. Why is it that every time I attempt to view or edit a submission for a certain project, the page fails to load?

@hm11, do you see this even when you change your browser? Would you mind trying Chrome and Firefox to see how it behaves? Please let us know what happens!

Hi @hm11, if you have a very large form it can sometimes take a long time to load. It can also be the case that the resources of your computer are limited.

1 Like

hi @Kal_Lam , yes I have already tried using Chrome and Firefox and still have same issue

hello @Josh , would you mind testing the survey on your end to further check on this issue? or if this is indeed computer resources-related, do you have any recommendations on the minimum specs for us to not encounter this regardless of the form size that we create?

Hi @hm11, can you please send me the following details in a private message so I can test it on my end:

• server (humanitarian/non-humanitarian)
  • username
  • project name
1 Like

hi @Josh . kindly assist in setting up a private message as mine is currently not working. thank you so much

Hi @hm11, it looks like a combination of a large choice list, many repeat group responses per submission and loading many images that’s causing Enketo to struggle loading submissions for editing or viewing. Unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done other than improve the efficiency of Enketo’s handling of these things. In the meantime, can you please use the data export method or data table in the UI for viewing your responses and the bulk edit feature if you need to make changes.

1 Like

hi @Josh , is there an ongoing request now for this particular Enketo feature improvement? tried using the bulk edit feature for this however, editing of items under a begin repeat / loop is disabled ( Editing responses from repeat group questions is not possible yet.)