Unselect Answer when conditions not met

how to unselect answer when the question did not met the following conditions in skip logic.

for example I have a question #1. (Division and the type is Select One) and its item are Division 1, Division 2, Division 3. my question #2 is (Municipality and the type is Select One also) its item are Municipality 1, Municipality 2, Municipality 3.

I set the skip logic that displays when Division 1 is selected, Municipality 1 must be shown and so on.

when I select Division 1, Municipality 1 must be shown and answered, but when I Deselect the Division 1, Municipality 1 must be hide and automatically clear the answer I wrote.

Welcome to the community, @mhlugayak22! We call this the cascading select feature in KoBoToolox which you could do as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of the XLSForm

Image 1

In the choices tab of the XLSForm

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo (when nothing is selected)

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo (when Division 1 is selected)

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo (when Division 2 is selected)

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo (when Division 3 is selected)

Reference XLSForm

Cascading Select.xlsx (12.2 KB)

You could follow our support article Adding Cascading Select Questions to learn more about cascading select.

thank you for your reply sir, but when I select division 1 and municipality 1 is SELECTED then select division 2 which is municipality 1 is hidden and municipality 2 is visible. but when I go back to select division 1, municipality 1 is already selected, is there a solution to reset the Question #2 (Municipality) every time I change the answer in Question # 1?

Have you tried this with Collect android app?

yes sir, I already tried it

1 Like