Upload/Extract - Attachment field to name the file with the content of 2/3 columns in the same form

Hello everyone!,

I’m writing this post because I have already researched in the forum, read the documentation and seems to be that what we need isn’t possible, but I have the feeling that it might be a trick around to get what we need so I’m reaching out :slight_smile: .

This is the scenario:

Column A, text column
Column B, Text column
Column C, attachment column for photo

We need is any of these situations:
1- that the file that gets uploaded in “Column C” gets stored automatically in KOBO with the text that is in “Column A_Column B” ( per row). The files get uploaded by the user once at a time.

2- When downloading the photo files in Column C ( bulk download), extraction process name automatically each file with the content of “Column A_Column B” (per row/file).

Example in both cases:
Column A: Lara
Column B: Welsh

Example Outcomes:
Column C: Lara_Wlesh
File extracted : Lara_Welsh

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Welcome to the community, @Rocio! It seems like your query can only be partially solved (the form’s design side). You could design it using the grid-theme layout as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Thanks a lot @Kal_Lam, for the welcome and your answer.

I will see in detail what is already implemented and what’s required to do in the example you sent me. I will download the files from the example and see the results ( because from reading the steps and results in the post, I don’t see it matches what we need), our issue is the name of each file.

Thanks a lot for your time and help we stay in touch :). I wish you a lovely day ahead.

1 Like