Uploading data from Excel

My colleagues collected the data for a survey then sent me the data on a spreadsheet, but can’t give me access to the original Kobo survey (vulnerable internet, difficult!)…so how do I “read” the data using Kobo so I can see the analytics? Can I start a project and lose it up (I tried, it didn’t work!)? How can I use the spreadsheet?
Thanks
Marie

Welcome to the community, @marie!

Did you mean your colleague shared the data in Excel format (downloading the data from the server) with you? Or did you mean your colleague shared the data in Excel Power Query?

Thanks so much for getting back to me: I am in Australia so delay in responding due to being asleep!
It’s just an .xlsx file of all the results.
I designed the survey, the colleagues used the file to upload the survey questions then collected the data. They sent me back the data on the .xlsx file as we can’t seemed to add each other to the original survey…they are in Timor-Leste…it’s complicated.
So how can I “read” this spreadsheet? (I can hand-code if necessary, but want to do the analytics if possible.)

Thanks
Marie

@marie, if you wish to analyze your data in XLS format, you could load it to Excel Power Query or Power BI and then analyze it as needed.

Thanks, I will look at that.
I thought I could use the Kobo platform.
Marie