Urgent - Submitting Error Message

Too few bytes to parse DER.
this message is showing up when i try to submit my form.
when i checked the form building, it gives me “form is valid” but the issue is appeared when i try to submit.

Any help.
Thank you

Hi @younes2651995,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing us the screenshot of the error message that you are receiving. It should be helpful for us to better understand your issue.

Have a great day!

Thank you Kal for your fast response.

Here you are.

Hi @younes2651995,

It works fine at my end! I am able to send submissions to the KoBoToolbox server (in HHI server). Would you mind clearing the cache of your browser and see if it works. Please let us know!

Have a great day!

I cleared the cash but got the same error.

Also, i contacted with submitter, they told me they got the same error as i got.

The above screenshot after changing the style, just a try of figuring out the problem.

Hi @younes2651995,

Is it possible to share with us your survey xlsform so that we could test the same at our end. (You could share the same through a private message if you feel it’s confidential).

Have a great day!

Of course, i will send it to you privately.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @younes2651995,

Scanning your xlsform i could notice the issue was causing due to the typo you made on the settings tab for default language. For better understanding please have a look at the image below:

In the setting tab of your xlsform: Problem
Image 1

In the setting tab of your xlsform: Solution
Image 2

Having made this change, i could load the survey form in enketo:

Have a great day!

Thank you for checking it out.

I followed the solution you presented, it gives the same error, i re-screenshot the error image, here you are:

Thank you.

Hi @younes2651995,

Would you mind changing your browser to chrome or firefox and see what happens? Interesting as it is working fine for me.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal,

I was using Chrome, then I started using Firefox. Unfortunately, same error appears.

Thing popups in mind, shall i use a certain version of Excel or file extension?

Thanks.
Younes

Sorry for confusion, but would you mind if you submit a test form to me where i will check the records once you submitting.

I just want to check it is not a server problem.

Hi @younes2651995,

I tried viewing your survey project through your user account and it seems to work fine at my end.

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: English as default language

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: Arabic as default language

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello,
just to add: It is preferable not only to change the form language, but also the general KoBo setting to Arabic (Toolbox or KoBoCollect). This reduce problems with mixed left/right language alignments, checkbox positioning and print-out .
Ramadan Mubarak

2 Likes