Username not found error: All users are on HHI server

I am unable to share permissions in a project. I keep getting the username not found error. I have confirmed that both are on the same server, the HHI, but the error is persisting.

Welcome to the community, @muthoni! Would you mind sharing with me the names through the private message so that I could have a quick check at the server to see that they both are from the same server?

Okay, let me share

I am unable to send you a private message.
I get an error message saying I am not allowed to.

@muthoni, you should now be able to; if you are still not able to, then please refresh your page.

@muthoni, checked with the username you shared and all of them are present in the HHI server. This means that you should be able to share your projects with the other users.

I am still unable to share the permissions. The same error persists. I have confirmed that all usernames exist. Kindly assist.

@muthoni, let me give it a try at my end. Could you share with me the following (through a private message) so that I could do it for you:

Project that requires sharing:

• Username
  • Project name

Project sharing with:

• Username
  • Sharing permissions

@muthoni. I have added the permission. Please be informed that it works and does not have any issues. Maybe this support article Managing Permissions should help you better understand how to manage permissions.

Note: You will have to do it manually for other user accounts too.

Hi, I am having the same issue. Can anyone help me? I have users who are definitely registered on the HHI server, but I cannot share the project with them.

Welcome to the community, @Bountifield! Could you share with me the following (through a private message) so that I could check them in the server:

• Your username (that is in the HHI server)
  • Your colleagues username (that is in the HHI server)

Hi Kai,

Thanks so much for coming back to me on this.

My username is – xxxxxxx

My colleague’s usernames are: yyyyyyy1

yyyyyyy2

yyyyyyy3

yyyyyyy4

yyyyyyy5

Hi,

I have to go pick up the kids now, but will respond to any further communication later. Just want to let you know so you don’t think I am ignoring you. Thank you.

@Bountifield, I made a quick check and found out that your account is in the Humanitarian server and not the HHI server as you say. Besides, I could not find any other username you say belongs to your colleague either in the Humanitarian server nor the non-humanitarian server. Maybe they created a user account in some private server (i.e. self hosted server). Kindly please check them out with your colleagues.

Hi Kai,

Thank you. Apologies, I thought the HHI server was the humanitarian server and the other one was OCHA. My mistake. Can you share the server name for the humanitarian one? We must have been typing in the incorrect server. Thank you. At least now we know what the problem is.

Hi,

I just want to check the URLs. See below screenshots for two of the users. The first one, AgTechKE1 has a ‘/’ at the end which is probably what is wrong with that one, but what am I missing with the second one?

@Bountifield, you should be able to get the correct user details through this support article:

Hi,

I just want to check the URLs. See below screenshots for two of the users. The first one, AgTechKE1 has a ‘/’ at the end which is probably what is wrong with that one, but what am I missing with the second one? I’ve followed the steps in the article you shared, but it’s still not working. What am I not seeing here?

@Bountifield, seems like you are using the wrong username that does not exist in the server.

Hi,

I created that username in the app in line with the instructions on the support page - Input URL, Username and Password. Is there another way to create usernames?