Users should only be able to select one response form a group and then these response should be summed at the bottom

Dear Klam,
Hello, I am not able to calculate the sum of the variables. I have attached my xls form workbook1.xlsx (10.4 KB) for reference. Here I have two issues, 1) I want to restrict only one response for each coloumn (for eg. for grade A- only one response such as 0,1 or 2 on right and same on the left).
and
2) 0,1, and 2 are the values, so in calculate I require the sum of Grade A, Grade B and Grade C with (for eg. In Grade A if I have ticked 0 for right and 2 for left then the sum should be 2). I think I am able to explain myself. Please help.
Regards

Welcome back to the community, @Ash! So if I got you correct you mean, the enumerators should only be able to select one response from in Right and one response in Left for each Group (A, B & C) as shown in the image below?

And once it’s selected as shown the sum score of all the A, B & C should appear on the bottom. Did I get you correct?

Yes, absolutely right. thanks

Dear Kal_Lam,
Did you had any luck with the query. I am unable to find any solution. Please help. Regards

Dear All,
I posted the query about sum. Can anybody help in the solution please. regards,

@Ash, maybe you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

In the choices tab of your XLSForm:

Image 2

In the settings tab of your XLSForm:

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Workbook.xlsx (12.9 KB)

Dear Kal_Lam,