Using select_one_from_file and pulldata together

I’m trying to use select_one_from_file function to select from a long list and then use pulldata to show data relevant to the selection. For some reason I can’t seem to get both of them working at the same time. Any help will be appreciated.
Selecttest.xlsx (20.4 KB)
esc_p.csv (154 Bytes)
escs.csv (96 Bytes)

@dwangola, you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Setting up CSV file for select_one_from_file:

Image 2

Setting up CSV file for pull data:

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

Selecttest.xlsx (17.6 KB)

Reference CSV file for select_one_from_file:

esc_p.csv (185 Bytes)

Reference CSV file for pull data:

escs.csv (96 Bytes)

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Thanks for the workaround.
Trying to see what the difference is between your files and mine, and I can’t see anything. Probably as I’ve been working on this for 16 hours straight.
Could you tell me what you changed.

Thanks

Check out the CSV file for the select_one_from_file. You will see the difference under the name there.

Managed to get it working on our final dataset.
Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam

Is there a way to have inputs for the pulldata and the select_one_from_file in the same media file ?
Like having a media file with the columns list_name, name, label AND all the columns for the pulldata ?
It is actually working on the enketo web forms but on the phones we have this error message : node for itemset doesn’t exist [instance(referral_form)/root/item/label]

Thanks a lot!

@dez_im_ope, do you mean you want to make a manual entry option instead of having pulling the information by the function?

Hi @Kal_Lam , No, we want to pull all information from the media file, but in 2 differents ways :
We have one media file containing all information needed for the pulldata (form number, Household composition etc.) and we want to extract :

• form number as a select_one choice option
  • Household composition as classic pulldata displayed in notes in the survey

So we added the columns list_name, name, label in this media file to be able to use the select_one_from_file, it is working on the laptop but not on phones
Hope it is more clear!
below the media file :
referral_form.csv (3.3 KB)
and the xls form : xlsform.xlsx (489.0 KB)

thank you

@dez_im_ope, could you skin down the irrelevant questions from your XLSForm so that we could funnel down the issue you are having?

@Kal_Lam Here is the form : xlsform.xlsx (440.9 KB)
The issue seems to be related to the row 8
many thank for your support