Validation code for two different questions of the same options

Hi Kal ,

This is Tirsit again , before i send an email i tried putting some syntax and also search for community discussion , but i couldnt find the answer .

I wanted to add a validation code for consequetive questions . (Q1, Q1.1, Q2 & Q2.2) , so Q2.2 can not have the same answer as in Q1.1 , both have the same options , how do i enter the validations codes ,

Q1. sector
Q1.1 sub- sector
Q2. Sector
Q.2.2 sub-sector
Q1 & Q2 answeres can be the same but not Q1.1 & Q2.1
let me know what you think
best

Hi @wb_cjc,

Following post from Kal should help you:

1 Like

Hi @hakan_cetinkaya , thanks for the response but this still doesnt resolve the issue . to elaborate a bit more
Q1. first choice of Sector

1. Agriculture
  2. manufacturing
  3. service

Q2. first choice of Sub sector

1. gardenning
  2. baking
  3. metal work
  4. waiter

Q3. Second choice of Sector

1. Agriculture
  2. manufacturing
  3. service

Q4 Second choice of Sub sector

1. gardenning
  2. baking
  3. metal work
  4. waiter

Q2 & Q4 are displayed based on the choice filter i set for the sectors . As shown above they are the same question with select one , but wanted to give the choice preference based on sequence . so what i need is , if a sub-section is selected (eg. baking) in the 1st choice then i dont want to display in the second option of the sub-sector … these process will continue for 3rd choice and the like . i tried the above not(selected(… options but itsnt displaying the options at all .

let me know if i am making sense
best
tirsit

@wb_cjc, and what about Q1 and Q3? If someone selects 1 in Q1, can s/he again select 1 in Q3?

Yes , Q1 & Q3 are sectors with many options of sub-sectors each , so Sectors will be displayed but not the seb-sector selected once shouldn’t come for the second select.
eg
Q1. Manufacturing …is selcted ,
Q2 Manufacturing sub-sectors option …
1. metal work
2. Garment
3. Wood work
if one select option 1 . then in Q3 again manufacturing can be selected But then for Q4 Manufacturing sub-sectors option should only have two remining

Q4 2. Garment
3. Wood work

hope it is clear
if not i can share you the excel or the link of the program.
many thanks

@wb_cjc, one more question as the solution provided here could benefit our entire community;

1. Agriculture
    1. gardenning
  2. manufacturing
    3. metal work
  3. service
    2. baking
    4. waiter

Should there also be a cascading, as shown in the image above? If yes, could you provide some more options (appropriate choices) so that we could try to make a workaround for this query?