Want to upload data collected from an old form who have been deleted. Have an exact replica. PLEASE HELP retrieved data

Need help ASAP. Guys this is an emergency!

Want to upload data collected from an old form who have been deleted. Have an exact replica. PLEASE HELP retrieved data!

Welcome to the community, @jphro! You could do this through a python code as discussed previously:

Hi @jphro, can you clarify what you mean by “exact replica”? Is the data in an Excel export, do you have the submission XML files from KoboCollect/Enketo, do you still have a copy of the form, etc.?

1 Like

Hi Josh, thanks for helping. The exact replica of the questionnaire is for datastructure since I have developped it in XLS Form. I have fixed some the relevant column and the skipping rules. My error was that I’ve deleted the previous version on a hurry. I asked all the guys going to the field to download the new version, what the majority didn’t do. Now we are on the clock and I need to find a quick and accurate solution. The form IDs don’t match so syncing the data is quite impossible. How can you help?

Hi @jphro, sorry I missed your response — please ping me with @Josh so I receive a notification. Can you please clarify where the data is sitting that you are wanting to sync? I understand that you have a copy of the XLSForm which is great, but syncing the data is a harder problem depending where it’s currently sitting.

1 Like

Hi @Josh , Many thanks for your constant support. I am in Haiti, South of the country where we had a heartquake (August, 14th 2021). I am currently working on two projects: One dedicate to implement emergency activities in other to help locals. The second one , aims to conditionnal and inconditionnal cash voucher assistance. I am the M&E guy working on the EFSA and my team is collecting those information. In a purpose of improving the skipping conditions (relevant column), I have done several changes but not on the variables. Instead of updating the form in the tablets, the guys kept using the old version (All of them didn’t updated the app on their tablet as I suggested).Now they have data on the tablets I am extracting one by one from the instances folder (each xm file) which is time consuming. I need a proper way to do so. Please help.

Hi @jphro, thank you for adding more context — I will send you a private message.

1 Like