When i try to submit my form: integer out of range; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException

I have written a xlsx form which is a bit too long and complicated. actually 844 rows of excel, many calculations and concat. there are many multiple choice questions and much of them are dependant through calculations from previous questions. if i try to select every choice that someone possibly can(which is not a realistic case), when i try to submit it says: The data server for your form or the Enketo server is down. Please try again later or contact info@kobotoolbox.org.
i contacted the IT support and he saw the system logs when i try to submit it and says: ERROR: integer out of range; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: integer out of range
can you help me what is causing this problem and how to fix it?
If you need more information relatedto this case please ask and i will provide it to you.
if you want i can submit the xlsx form for anyone here to take a look at it.

@ricard99, could you also let the community know your form’s total number of choices? Please also feel free to share the error message with the community so that the community can understand your issue pictorially.

Hi Kal_Lam thank you for responding. The form i am testing has 594 choices right now. but it will go up to 1193 choices after testing because the sample will be included. but right now that I am testing it it has 594 choices.
so the error message when i try tu sbumit the form says: The data server for your form or the Enketo server is down. Please try again later or contact info@kobotoolbox.org
Meanwhile the IT looked up at what the system logs would say at the time we tried to submit the form. The error that the system logs said at the time i tried to submit the form said: ERROR: integer out of range; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: integer out of range.

any help please

@ricard99, as a quick check, would you mind validating your XLSForm through this online validator to see if everything is OK?

now it is fine.i don’t understand what happend. maybe our servers weren’t on their best day when the error was happening.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming @ricard99!