When I use date type without any appearance option, it gives a calendar

Hi
Could someone help me out on this. I am trying to have participants enter their date of birth. However, when I use date type without any appearance option, it gives a calendar that is really difficult to scroll for someone born in say 2001. So, I wanted to use no-calendar to get this done in an easier way but the output is the same. What should I do to have this sorted?

Are you using Collect or Enketo, please?
Did you click on month or on year to navigate in time?

1 Like

Hi Wroos,
Am using Collect.
Am not sure how the second part is done but when I click on the date field, it only gives the calendar but not what I would like to have.

What I want is the second figure but i always get the first figure as shown below

@hathiany, FYR, this is how the appearance behaves …

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Could we have these calendar navigation hints also in the documentation, please? (Date and time question types — KoboToolbox documentation).

@hathiany, please be informed that the no-calendar appearance will show date picker as spinners rather than a calendar.

@wroos, we should have it in the support article …

1 Like

Sorry, I did not mean the appearance, but the UI options in a normal (or month-year) calendar to select/click on a year to change it more easy, instead if scrolling through days.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam, yes… I actually wanted to have it as a spinner and not as a calendar. Thanks

@hathiany, are you collecting data with Enketo?

@Kal_Lam, am using Kobocollect. Thanks

@hathiany, yes, this is how it should show the date if you are using the Collect Android App:

@Kal_lam, that’s what I am looking forward to but it wasn’t working earlier. Let me try and get back to you.

@Kal_Lam, this is what I get when I run the attached file
NoCalendar01.xlsx (11.4 KB)

Anything that I could be doing wrong? Its indicated down that ‘powered by Enketo’ could that be something to worry about given that i can’t have the date picker? If I chose appearance as month-year, it works very well. However, because am dealing with children, I would like to have the date of birth captured in full but using the date picker. Thanks

This is a screenshot from Enketo (Webform). It seems that the appearance is not (yet?) working in Enketo, as the documentation indicates too. (I tested it with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and the Online validator).

Would you mind to deploy the form and test it with Collect, please?

Hint: Also In Enketo it is possible to click on the year (on top of the calendar widget) to get a year “spinner”.

1 Like

Thanks @wroos, I have tried the hint, it works and I will use it for now. Many thanks

1 Like

@hathiany, @wroos :clap: :heart: :partying_face: