When using nested groups, only the latest data is accessible through api

Our organisation has been using KoBoToolbox for data collection of the past few months and it has been so awesome an experience. Thank you for all the work the KoBoToolbox team has done in creating such a wonderful service.

For a certain purpose, we require use of nested repeats in the form. I have tried using the XLSForm given here to create one:

Here’s how the form looks: Enketo Express for KoBo Toolbox

However, when I try to download the live data with labels, data from only the latest repeat group is downloaded. Data from previous nested groups within the same submission is not visible in the data.

Why that would be the case?

Please help.

Welcome to the community, @theshashipatil! Would you also mind sharing with us your API so that the community could add to it if there is anything updated?

Sorry I am not a very technical person but I followed this method shown here:

Accordingly, I am using this API link to connect live data to Power BI:
https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/theshashipatil/reports/a6EeDXCBhKJuP2WZd3gsi3/export.xlsx

In the repeat_B file, only the latest data is displayed, Previously entered data in this repeat group is not displayed, You can observe that index in the repeat_B file starts from 3. Index number 1 and 2 are missing.

and here’s the actual form if you would like to try making some entries: Enketo Express for KoboToolbox

Thank you for taking a look at this:)

@Kal_Lam Please have a look at this if there is a solution to this problem. Thank you

Have you gone through this post, it should also be helpful:

Thank you for the link @Kal_Lam . I went through the link and it doesn’t seem to address the issue I am facing.

When I manually download the data from the KoBoToolbox, I get the data from all the repeat groups entered. Same is the case when I connect Excel or Power BI with REST API from this link: https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/api/v1/data

However, it is only when I try to get the live data with labels that earlier entered repeat groups disappear.Nested repeats with labels.xlsx (407.3 KB) nested_repeat_-latest_version-labels-_2021-03-11-09-09-23.xlsx|attachment (6.8 KB)

I have attached the two files above. Please check the repeat_B sheets in both files.