Where the Media files are

Hi @Kal_Lam

i am trying to upload the media files , following are the issue i am facing

1. I am not able to upload compressed form as earlier i used to.

2. Even when i uploaded the csv files , data is not sync even after redeployment

Please help

Cheers !

Neeraj

@caneeraj, could you kindly explain your second issue a bit clearly?

Hi @Kal_Lam

Thanks for responding

regarding the issue , I had uploaded the csv file to the form in media section and redeployed the form even but the data shown in Kobo Collect is still the Older one .

Cheers !

Neeraj

OK. Could you share with us the screenshot of the old file and what the new file should be? That should give us some clue to make a test.

Sure ,

old file was image
New File image

Only difference is as i was not able to upload compressed file , i tried to upload uncompressed version

OK, so you mean the zip file is not working?

Yes , Exactly

Will get back to you soon.

Thanks , I am Waiting

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam

Any update to this please

Cheers !

Neeraj

@caneeraj, our team is on it.

@caneeraj, please be informed that you should now be able to upload ZIP files under the SETTINGS>Media.

For details, you could also see our announcement:

hi @Kal_Lam

Thanks for updating

Please guide whether we still needs to redeploy project after media upload or it is no not required as earlier.

and if it is required does we again need to open the form and save then redeployed or not as suggest by you in previous post

@caneeraj, yes you will still need to redeploy the project after making changes to the Media file. You should now see a banner that instructs the same under the SETTINGS>Media when you make a change to your media files.

@Kal_Lam

i think there was a limit on number of time project is redeployed , hope that must be removed, as frequent or daily file upload and redeployed will be a problem in this case

When making a redeployment in such a case (i.e. only making changes to your media) will not increase the redeployment history like when you make change to your survey project.

@Kal_Lam

Thank a lot for the solution.

1 Like