502 Bad Gateway (API- with submission filters) not working

Hello, We are using kobo.humanitarianresponse.info for some data collection. We are accessing the data through /api/v2/assets/[form-ID]/data.json??query={%22_submission_time%22:%20{%22$gte%22:%20%222020-04-27T00:00:00%22,%22$lt%22:%20%222020-04-27T10:00:00%22}}

This was working fine until a few hours ago. What could be problem?

Hi @maluini,

Welcome to the community! The OCHA server is working smoothly and should not have an issue. Could you kindly check out the steps and reach us back if it’s still not working at your end.

Have a great day!

Thanks. I could you send you our details you check the form for us…

Hi @maluini,

Do you mean you wish to pull your data to the excel power query?

Have a great day!

Hi. We are developing a dashboard system that automatically pulls the data from Kobo platform every one hour using the kobo api endpoint. We use https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/api/v2/assets/formID/data.json?query… and filter by date. We thereafter process and analyse the json received.

Hi @maluini,

Have you tried making your data public? Would you wish to give it a try:

Have a great day!

Thanks @Kal_Lam. Sharing publicly is not an option since all users are using the same account to submit data and the data cant be shared beyond! . Furthermore we are even unable to see the chart summaries on on Kobo UI. Cloud the Np. of submissions be the issue. We are currently at 71826 submissions… See below

Hi @maluini,

Could you kindly provide us the following information (through the private message) so that we could have a look at our end and see the issue more closely:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server you are using (I guess you are using the OCHA server here)

Have a great day!

Done. Thanks

Hi @maluini,

I am able to load the page at my end … But for sure as the submissions for the project is very high it would take a small amount of your time to load the page …

FYR:

Have a great day!

Thanks @Kal_Lam . Still on my end it says “This report cannot be loaded.”… `502 Bad Gateway"… This also happens if I do a cur request… See private message

Hi @maluini,

I too had saw the same error message on my first try. I refreshed the page and then got the custom reports page loaded successfully. It should slightly take your time as you have huge submissions within your server (project). Also please ensure that your internet is smooth and continuous. The internet should also affect the performance.

Have a great day!

Thanks. Actually that’s not the main issue, we dont manually download the data. Our issue is that the request through the API programmatically is failing and we are completely unable to pull data. We’ll greatly appreciate bringing it back. Doing a Curl Request is equally failing.

Hi @maluini,

Would you mind having a look at the post discussed previously (it should solve your issue):

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks. It has come back…

2 Likes