504 Gateway Time-out (Non-Humanitarian Server)

Hi
I’m getting a 504 Gateway Time-out on https://kf.kobotoolbox.org for the last two hours. (sometimes it loads but eventually, I get the error back)
I know there was a schedule maintaining of the server, but in theory, was later. Any news on at what time the server will be available
Thanks

Welcome to the community, @ricardovr22! FYR:

1 Like

Ok, thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve also been having issues for the past 2+ hours - requests to kf.kobotoolbox.org are failing regularly right now. Some work ok, many requests take ages and eventually resolve, and many fail entirely with 504 or 502 errors.

I realise the maintenance is scheduled for this eve and also occured yesterday eve. I assume that it was not meant to cause these issues during the whole day today?. @Kal_Lam - you reference the planned maintenance here - does that mean the issues today are likely caused by that maintenance?

In which case I’ll struggle through today (I am supporting a team of enumerators who are planning to go into the field first thing tomorrow), and hopefully the maintenance this evening will resolve the issues :slight_smile:

I wish your server team well in the updates / fixes :+1:

Cheers,
Dave

@degami, FYR:

I realise the maintenance is scheduled for this eve and also occured yesterday eve. I assume that it was not meant to cause these issues during the whole day today?. @Kal_Lam - you reference the planned maintenance here - does that mean the issues today are likely caused by that maintenance?

@degami, FYR: Upcoming Server Downtime for the HHI Server (scheduled for Monday, September 27, 2020 at 21:00 UTC)

… I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ ^_^.

@degami, maybe we could wait till the maintenance is over.

(FYI, I had followed the schedule, and saw no indication of expected issues in between the 2 scheduled maintenance times. My message here was mainly to share that there was an issue and ask for confirmation that your team was aware of it. Your reference back to hte original schedule wasn’t totally clear, but I made the assumption that it meant you had registered the issue and were aiming to fix it during the 2nd maintenance).

I will wait until 22:00 UTC this evening to try and update the forms again.

@Kal_Lam - Is there somewhere I should look to check on the progress of the maintenance? Given the issues today, I guess it might take longer than the scheduled hour to complete. - it would be useful to know asap once the maintenance is complete and these server issues are fixed so I can go in and update the forms for the team scheduled to go into the field tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

1 Like

@degami, you will have to wait until UTC 22:00.

Hello @degami,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
You are right. There should not have been any outage except during the scheduled maintenance times. Unfortunately, we faced some issues this morning (US Eastern timezone) that have been fixed since.

You should be able to update your forms without any issues until the next maintenance window later today.

3 Likes

Hi @nolive,

Thanks for the confirmation - that helps a lot! Glad your team was able to resolve the issues quickly, and hopefully it didn’t mean too much scrambling yesterday.

All the best,

1 Like