Add new group prompt message

Hi,
I am making a from to record data about animal sightings. The form includes a repeat group for individual animal sightings within a survey session. In the KoBoCollect app a prompt appears at the start of the repeat group saying - ‘Add New Group? Add a new “animal sighting” group?’. I’m wondering if there is a way I can change this message to simply say “Add new animal sighting?”. I’m concerned that referring to the word group in the message might confuse the people collecting the data as they won’t be familiar with the concept of a group, So I would like to change this to make my form more intuitive. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Hi @SteveB,

Welcome to the community! The text highlighted in red “Group” as shown in the image below is the outcome of how you design your xlsform.

Image 0.1 (Captured from KoBoCollect Android App):

The above image (i.e. Image 0.1) was a result of the outcome of the xlsform being built as:
Image 0.1

Reference xlsform: (for image 0.1)
Grouping Questions Test (Image 0.1).xlsx (10.0 KB)

If you change the label to Grouping Questions Test you should see as follows in the KoBoCollect android app.

Image 0.2 (Captured from KoBoCollect Android App):

The above image (i.e. Image 0.2) was a result of the outcome of the xlsform being built as:
Image 0.2

Reference xlsform: (for image 0.2)
Grouping Questions Test (Image 0.2).xlsx (8.6 KB)

Conclusion:
You could change anything that is highlighted within the red box (as shown in the images above). While the other texts are defined within the system and is not possible to change by the user.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam. Thanks for your detailed response. Based on the information you provided it seems that the things I would like to change are defined within the system and can’t be changed. That’s OK, I can work with that. Thanks again

2 Likes