Hi @mukendi,

Looking at your xlsform i have slightly modified your xlsform as follows:

In the survey tab of your xlsform

In the choices tab of your xlsform

Image 2

In the settings tab of your xlsform

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enekto:

Please note that the GIF file at the moment is not supported in KoBoToolbox while the png image is supported (as shown in the image above). Also please note that it may take a moment to load the image in the data entry form depending upon the size of the image that has been uploaded in the server.

Reference media files:

Banana:

Mango:

Reference xlsform:

form_test1.xlsx (10.2 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

thanks alot @kal_lam
it works now.
your are the best.

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,
I’m having the same issue, I tried to put “Spanish (es)” but I haven’t been able to make it work. I’m not sure in what columns is necessary to do this change. This is my form and the images:
workaU3HZPcpbK5Nqyd7RSgev6.xlsx (7.4 KB)
BD RA

Thank you for your time

Hi @MaIsAp,

Your image name with BD should be named as BD. Similarly, your image name for RA should be named as RA.

I tried and it worked fine for me:

Would you mind giving a try with the xlsform i used:

aU3HZPcpbK5Nqyd7RSgev6.xlsx (10.3 KB)

Maybe this support article Adding Various Types of Media should help you solve your issue.

Thank you for your help. However I used your file and is not working yet.

I don’t know what am I doing wrong?

Hi @MaIsAp,

Kindly please be informed that previewing an image question type is not possible with KoBoToolbox at the moment. FYI:

However, you should be able to view it in the data entry form.

Thank you @Kal_Lam is good to know that. However nor the web version or the app version show the images. For example on the preview version it doesn’t even try to load de image, like yours where it shows a broken file.

1 Like

Could you kindly please share with me your username, project name and the server you are using through a private message. Maybe i would be able to help you out then.

1 Like

Well, FYI, i am able to see the image at my end:

Tested this with chrome browser.

Hi everyone,

I tried all of the things above, but the image is not working. I can share the questionnaire personally… Could there be other possible explanations?

Thank you!

@alexine11, could you share with us a screenshot so that the community would be able to know what is not working at your end?

Thank you for your answer!

This is what’s shown

Hi @alexgmuriithi
Just to clarify, are you using the exact process as had been recommended by @Kal_Lam to @MaIsAp?

Just confirm the following:

1. Where are you trying to test if the image is working? Preview, Enketo, or Collect
  2. Have you uploaded the image files onto the project?
  3. Have you ever used this procedure before and it worked?
  4. Lastly, if No to 4 above, please confirm if you have gone through the procedure as explained here

Stephane

@alexine11, great! So could you also share two screenshots? One from the xlsform that holds the image question and the other from the SETTINGS>Media.

@Kal_Lam

→ survey: yellow=what I changed

->choices

Hi @stephanealoo. Thank you very much for your respons.

1. Collect
  2. yes
  3. No, it’s my first times
  4. Yes, I did, several time, but I might have overseen something without knowing.

@alexine11, looking at both your xlsform and from SETTINGS>Media, I see that that the file name seems to be an issue.

You xlsform has a filename of test.jpg while the filename from SETTINGS>Media is test.jpg.jpg. Fix the latter and that should solve your issue.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam

Yes, indeed, it works!! Thank you so much for all the help using this great tool.

1 Like

@akterhossan154, have you gone through our support article Adding Various Types of Media (image, audio, video) to a Form? It should solve your issue:

Hi,
Please, I would like to know how can I add two audio files to the same question. I need the participant to hear the two audios before he answers.
I tried to put the first audio file name, (alt+enter), and then the second audio file name in the same case but on two lines. It didn’t work, only the first audio shows up in the question.
Can you please help me with this.
Thanks in advance.