Adding images to questions

Dear all, please, how to add a picture to the question?

Many thanks

Hi @sengkrisna,

Please see the images below to add images to your survey question.

In the survey tab of your xlsform:
Image%201

In the choices tab of your xlsform:
Image%202

To upload your image files:

Attached xlsform reference file:
Image Question Type.xls (34 KB)

Attached PNG reference images:
Earthquake
Flood
Landslide
Tornado
Wildfire

2 Likes

it work and I can view it. But when I try to edit form it show error missing translate.

Note I have to language, so should I have to column of media::image too?

Many thanks

1 Like

Hi @sengkrisna,

It’s OK if you put a desired language to your survey form. Doing so will keep you away from the error message missing translate. Well it’s OK if you simply put a secondary language with the label.

Hello,

I did exactly what you said but the image does not show in the form. Do you know why?

Hi @nattycadena,

I guess you missed the last step i.e. to upload the images (attached PNG images) under SETTINGS>Media>Add Document. You should be able to view the images after this step! GOOD DAY!

I followed the same steps here to add images to the choices sheet of my form.

However, this is what I got after deploying the form. The images do not show

What could possibly be the problem?

Hi @Lehtem,

Would you mind providing me your username and project name in a private message so that i could have a closer look at your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @Lehtem,

As a workaround for now would you mind doing the following to the solve your issue:

• Remove the spaces of the media file that you upload as Media file (i.e. try changing the media file name from Big Tiger to Big_Tiger).
  • Similarly, make necessary changes within your xlsform as well where you named Big Tiger to Big_Tiger.

This should solve your issue!

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks so much @Kal_Lam

You are the best

It worked perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @Kal_Lam
him actually making a test form following your above details such as removing space in the name of media file but still have this problem of display

please help me before i make the real form

Hi @mukendi,

Welcome to the community! So did you upload your image file? What is the name of your image? What is it’s file type? Could you also share with us your sample xlsform so that we could see if it’s set correctly.

As a backup you could also have a look at our support article Adding Various Types of Media. It should help solve your issue.

Have a great day!

thanks for the reply @Kal_Lam
here is the xlsform.

thanks endeed.

i have to say that the default language is French (fr),
@Kal_Lam.

thanks for replying soon.

Hi @mukendi,

Looking at your xlsform i have slightly modified your xlsform as follows:

In the survey tab of your xlsform

In the choices tab of your xlsform

Image 2

In the settings tab of your xlsform

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enekto:

Please note that the GIF file at the moment is not supported in KoBoToolbox while the png image is supported (as shown in the image above). Also please note that it may take a moment to load the image in the data entry form depending upon the size of the image that has been uploaded in the server.

Reference media files:

Banana:

Mango:

Reference xlsform:

form_test1.xlsx (10.2 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

thanks alot @kal_lam
it works now.
your are the best.

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,
I’m having the same issue, I tried to put “Spanish (es)” but I haven’t been able to make it work. I’m not sure in what columns is necessary to do this change. This is my form and the images:
workaU3HZPcpbK5Nqyd7RSgev6.xlsx (7.4 KB)
BD RA

Thank you for your time

Hi @MaIsAp,

Your image name with BD should be named as BD. Similarly, your image name for RA should be named as RA.

I tried and it worked fine for me:

Would you mind giving a try with the xlsform i used:

aU3HZPcpbK5Nqyd7RSgev6.xlsx (10.3 KB)

Maybe this support article Adding Various Types of Media should help you solve your issue.

Thank you for your help. However I used your file and is not working yet.

I don’t know what am I doing wrong?

Hi @MaIsAp,

Kindly please be informed that previewing an image question type is not possible with KoBoToolbox at the moment. FYI:

However, you should be able to view it in the data entry form.