Aligning data from repeats

Hi there,

Was wondering if people have particular methods of aligning data from repeats.

Follow up question, how do you align data from multiple repeats to the main instance data?

Thanks in advance,

-B

Hi Brett

You will have probably two files one for main and one for the repeat. My approach has been using commands in SPSS where I do the following

1. Transform the repeat data from long to wide format using case to var command with the parent key as identifier variable in the transformation

2. I then merge the two sets using primary key in main file and parent key in the wide format of the repeat. I use the add variables command for merge files.

Regards

S. Aloo

···

On 29 Aug 2016 11:19 a.m., “Brett Collins” brettco...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there,

Follow up question, how do you align data from multiple repeats to the main instance data?

Thanks in advance,

-B

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

We trying to work with a macro in excel for to transpose information. In the macro code you must specify the exact cell range that you want to transpose. For instance, we work with household characterization surveys and instead of having all the family members in the same row, we want each member in different row but with matching columns in the members - i.e. all the names, sex and ages in the same columns - and with the data common to other members, we choose to repeat it for each member or just to place that information in the household’s head row.

···

El lunes, 29 de agosto de 2016, 5:18:59 (UTC-3), Brett Collins escribió:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance,

-B