Allocating storage and # of submissions by paid account to a community account

Hello there,
I would like to request adding the possibility of allocating storage and # of submissions by paid account to a community account that belongs to the same organization.
In our organization, we use a separate account for each project, and we are in the process of purchasing a paid professional subscription to be able to continue to use KoboToolbox being able to allocate a certain size/number to another community account would ease the process a lot and helps us continue working without too much effort in comparison to the current approach where the adimn would upload the survey and then share with the community account.

Welcome back to the community, @galrajeh!

Did you mean allocating the storage and submission threshold from a paid account to a community account? Or is it allocating the storage and submission threshold from a paid account to various projects within the paid account?

I meant allocating the storage and submission threshold from a paid account to a community account or even maybe a new type of account; for example, it could be called an affiliated account, where any account could be described as affiliated if it is at the same domain as the admin.
Obviously, the admin would have to confirm his status somehow.
And maybe in the future, further controls could be added, e.g., allowing the admin to manage the accounts if needed.

The main feature requested now is the ability to share storage and submission threshold.

Hi @galrajeh, it’s a good question :+1:

In fact you can do this if there is one account with the professional plan and the other accounts are on the free community plan. The important part is that each of the projects with a lot of submissions should be owned by the user that is on the professional plan.

We are releasing a new feature in the coming weeks to transfer projects between accounts, so you will be able to use this to transfer projects to the paid account.

Hope this helps :blush:

1 Like

Hello @tinok , I hope you are well,
Actually, moving the project to the professional account only solves part of the issue, while allocating storage capacity from the professional account to the community account is a better approach since it doesn’t require hosting all projects inside the professional account, especially since Kobo doesn’t offer workspaces/folders to group relevant surveys together. Having all projects inside the professional account will make the job difficult to maintain in the long run.

@galrajeh, we already have a new features request for the same. Maybe you could VOTE for it there …

Thanks @Kal_Lam; I already created a request for that feature (Link) and then voted for the older request (Link), but almost two years have passed, and it has not been implemented.
We managed to work without the folders before because we had the option to create new accounts for new projects, but now, after the introduction of the new limitations, this feature is highly needed in addition to allowing us to allocate storage and submissions to affiliated community accounts inside our organization. Without these two features, we can’t continue using the kobotoolbox services because, for now, the only way to organize things is to host all projects in the professional account or to buy a professional account for each project, which is not feasible.

I request the possibility of allocating storage and # of submissions by paid account to a community account.