Assigning weights to select_multiple type questions

Hello,
I need to build a Kobo form with the following question type (please refer to the photo attached below).
I have 3 queries:

1. I need to assign weights of 0.25 to each of the multiple choice options (Age, Gender, Language, Vulnerability etc.). How do I do that in my XLS file?

2. The maximum calculated total score can only be 1 (highlighted in green, i.e., 0.25 x 4=1.0), even if the respondent chooses more than 4 options. That is, even if I choose Gender, Age, Lang, Vulnerability, Geography and Special Needs (for instance), my total score assigned should continue to remain 1.
    In this case, the additional weights for Geography and Special Needs (0.25 x 2=0.5) should be calculated as an additional/extra score.

That is, if I choose Gender, Age, Lang, Vulnerability, Geography and Special Needs (i.e., 6 options); my Kobo form should calculate:
Total score (0.25x 4)= 1
Additional Score (0.25x 2)= 0.50

Is it possible to code this calculation of total and additional scores into the XLS form? How can I do this?

1. The scores thus calculated (both total score and additional score) should not be visible to the respondent. It should only be visible to the backend. Is this possible? If yes, how can I build it into my XLS?

I have a huge deadline coming up on Thursday, please do help me out!

Welcome to the community, @nidhi_harihar! You should be able to do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

In the choies tab of your XLSForm:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when nothing is selected

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when only 4 choices are selected

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when more than 4 choices are selected

Reference XLSForm:

Adding Scores (Multiple Response).xlsx (14.1 KB)

You should be able to learn more on similar issues by following this post discussed previously: