branching from the current question

Good day

Is it possible to set your current question to skip to a later question based on the answer selected (or not selected)?

A scenario to depict this would look like this:-

• I have a survey that has 5 questions to it.
  • Q1 is a multiple selection question that has 6 answer options which are RED, BLUE, ORANGE, WHITE, BLACK and YELLOW.
  • If at Q1 the answer option ORANGE is not selected, the survey should terminate. However, if the answer option ORANGE is selected with any other answer option on the list, then the survey should continue to Q2 through to Q5 and then upload as normal.
    From what I’ve seen, I can only add skip logic to a later question ( Q2 will look for a response from Q1 in order to skip). Is there a way to make Q1’s response take it straight to the end of the survey without having to add logic to the questions preceeding Q1?

I hope this makes sense

Regards

T

Hi,

The way around this is to group the questions, in your case Qs 2 - 5. See http://support.kobotoolbox.org/customer/portal/articles/1652664. Then you can apply the skip logic to the entire group.

Hope this helps.

Hugh

···

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 12:55:55 UTC+1, Beatrice Gebuza wrote:

Good day

Is it possible to set your current question to skip to a later question based on the answer selected (or not selected)?

• Q1 is a multiple selection question that has 6 answer options which are RED, BLUE, ORANGE, WHITE, BLACK and YELLOW.
  • If at Q1 the answer option ORANGE is not selected, the survey should terminate. However, if the answer option ORANGE is selected with any other answer option on the list, then the survey should continue to Q2 through to Q5 and then upload as normal.
    From what I’ve seen, I can only add skip logic to a later question ( Q2 will look for a response from Q1 in order to skip). Is there a way to make Q1’s response take it straight to the end of the survey without having to add logic to the questions preceeding Q1?

I hope this makes sense

Regards

T

I can’t find the option to group questions in the new interface, anyone know what happened to it?

···

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:50:46 AM UTC-5, Hugh Earp wrote:

Hi,

The way around this is to group the questions, in your case Qs 2 - 5. See http://support.kobotoolbox.org/customer/portal/articles/1652664. Then you can apply the skip logic to the entire group.

Hope this helps.

Hugh

Good day

I hope this makes sense

Regards

T

Hi Cynthia,

You need to select the question (it gets outlined in a thin blue border). Then the ‘group questions’ option appears in the menu bar at the top.

Hugh

···

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 18:21:07 UTC+1, Dr. Cynthia Annett wrote:

I can’t find the option to group questions in the new interface, anyone know what happened to it?

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:50:46 AM UTC-5, Hugh Earp wrote:

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Hugh

Good day

I hope this makes sense

Regards

T