Bug in select one from file question type in KoBoToolbox

This link is not working, and also the select_one_from_file is not deploying and giving error for new and old forms using kobo.humanitarianresponse.info server.

Hi @esmatullaharifi,

Kindly have a look at this link : Select One or Many From External File Question Type
If it is possible to share with us the xls file of your form, so the community could help you.
Best,
Yasser

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Files already shared in the above discussion.

These are the files.

Hi @esmatullaharifi,

I could deployed the form successfully. Could you please share with us a screenshot of the error.
Best,
Yasser

1 Like

Yes. Here I attached the screenshot of the error.

Hi @esmatullaharifi,

This issue is related to previewing the form, but when you deployed the form it will work perfectly.
I think we have to raise this issue to be solved by the developers.
Best,
Yasser

1 Like

Hi @esmatullaharifi and @Ysr3322
Just to be sure we are capturing every angle of this, by any chance did anyone of you try this form on the HHI servers?

Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo

Yes, I faced the same issue on OCHA and HHI server when I am trying to preview the form or edit it through the form builder. Kindly have a look at the screenshot.

Best,
Yasser

Thanks @Ysr3322
So logically speaking, I think at preview select_one_from_file is trying to read a file that is not uploaded/recognized, it therefore may be rendering this as an error. I will document this for the developers.

Thank you so much for highlighting this.

Stephane

2 Likes

Dear @stephanealoo,
This form was OK before and when I re-uploaded this to server without any change, this error occurred.
Technically we say that something happen in server side which cause this error.

Hi @esmatullaharifi, cc: @Ysr3322,

Kindly please be informed that this is a known bug which was discussed previously. FYI:

https://community.kobotoolbox.org/t/select-one-or-many-from-external-file-question-type/5268/14

Also please be informed that a GitHub issue has already been created for the same. You could follow it here:

Have a great day!

2 Likes

mdkhamru asked 2021 already: When will this be fixed, please?
(It is a bug from 2020.)

@esmatullaharifi, @Ysr3322, @wroos, kindly please be informed that the formbuilder now supports the select_one_from_file and the select_multiple_from_file question type. Hence, you should no longer see the error message for these question types.

For more details, please feel free to see our announcement here: