Bug with the modification of skip patterns

hey everyone! :slight_smile:

Description

I have a template of a form that we use across different operations, that each operation can then either change in XLSForm and import to Kobo or else import and adapt in the Kobo form builder to their context and needs. In this example, I have a group with by default an impossible skip pattern (1=2), that users should remove in the form builder if they want the associated module to appear and be filled in their context. I therefore tried to delete the syntax, save my form and deploy it.
But then, my module does not appear and when I check, the condition has not been deleted.

I was working with this XLSForm:
WASH_KAP_mobile_template_v9_9_4.xlsx (1.1 MB)

I am using EXCEL 2013, KOBO Humanitarian response & ODK Collect v1.22.4.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Upload the XLSForm in KOBO.
  2. For the group “I. Menstrual Hygiene” delete the Skip logic syntax “1=2” in the form builder.
  3. Save change
  4. Re-deploy the form.
  5. Try to fill the form to see if the group appears
    & check in the edit-mode if this condition is not still here.

Expected behavior

After I have deleted the skip logic syntax, I expect my group to appear when I fill the form .

Actual behavior

I can not delete my skip logic in the KOBO online builder. It requires some workarounds to overcome.

Thanks to take into account because it keeps the deployement of a survey for people who are not tech-savvy enough to use XLSForms a little bit tedious …

Chloé

2 Likes