Calculations and skips

I am a new user setting up surveys for the Rohingya response in Bangladesh.

I want to use a series of calculations and skips for attendance at learning centres. The surveyor will enter the number of children enrolled and the number in attendance. If attendance is below 80%, additional questions should be asked.

I have a calculation “(${total_enrolled} - ${total_attending}) div ${total_enrolled}” which I have given the data column name “percent_attending”

Then I have a note “Current attendance is calculated to be less than 80%” that should appear using the skip logic formula “{percent_attending < 0.8}”

This is not working and the skip logic formula box keeps reverting to being blank. Any ideas?

Dear Anthea,
If you are using XLSform to code your form you can refer to XLSForm.org.

Otherwise, you can refer to : http://support.kobotoolbox.org/customer/portal/articles/1652660 that explains the skip logic approach in Kobo -if you need a visual of this you can refer to slide 42 of the training support called "Tdh MDC Module 2 - Overview of ODK Collect and Kobo " on http://www.mdc-toolkit.org/train-your-teams/.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maeve

···

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 7:53:20 AM UTC+1, Anthea Moore wrote:

I want to use a series of calculations and skips for attendance at learning centres. The surveyor will enter the number of children enrolled and the number in attendance. If attendance is below 80%, additional questions should be asked.

I have a calculation “(${total_enrolled} - ${total_attending}) div ${total_enrolled}” which I have given the data column name “percent_attending”

Then I have a note “Current attendance is calculated to be less than 80%” that should appear using the skip logic formula “{percent_attending < 0.8}”

This is not working and the skip logic formula box keeps reverting to being blank. Any ideas?

Hello,

Try to use your calculation like:

“1 - (${total_enrolled} - ${total_attending}) div ${total_enrolled}”

with skip logic “${calculation} < 0.8”

It should works.

Raiar

domingo, 21 de Janeiro de 2018 às 04:53:20 UTC-2, Anthea Moore escreveu:

···