Can I upload photos from the global server to my own server?

Hi people!

I was wondering if I can upload my photos from the global server to my own server, I know there is a project calls xls-import, but this just allowed upload the data from xlsx, but don’t images, files, audios, and so on.

Someone knows if can I do it?
Thank you so much!

Hi @SebastianZ
I have not seen a workaround that allows you to upload the collected media files. I will however leave this open for other users to chime in

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

I would approach this requirement by writing a script to run on your own server, which will automatically download media using the API for every submission.

@SebastianZ, is this something you are looking for Adding Various Types of Media. You could add medias to a survey project as shown in the support article.

Alternatively, you could also upload a media (using url) as outlined in the post shared before:

I will explain it better.

You know I can upload data from a xlsx file to a different form in a different server, using the next Script GitHub - kobotoolbox/xls-import, but this Script only allowes upload the data in the .xlsx, because of that I can’t upload data like photos, audios, recording, and so on.

So I was wondering if there is a method to do it, or we should develop something like that?

Thank you so much!

Sorry, we do not have this feature at the moment. Maybe you could create a script for this too.

OKay.
Do you know if we talk with the Data Base Administrator of KoBoToolbox in the humanitarian server, we can get the data base of us user?