Can't connect KoBoCollect android app with the server

Dear support,
I am trying to link my Kobo collect app on the server settings but when i select Get Blank form. I get an error that this site cant be reached…kindly assist

Hi @Kimani,

Would you mind having a look at the support article here. Should give you a way out to your issue. I just checked it out on both the servers (viz. OCHA as well as HHI) and am able to connect my android app with the server.

Please let us know if you are still facing the issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam
Thank you for getting back to me. I will have follow the article and make the changes.

Regards,
Kimani

1 Like

Hi @Kimani,

Also please let us know if the support article solved your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam. Yes the issue was resolved. I used the wrong server, the one that solved the issue is https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info. Its now working and uploading the filled forms. incase of anything i will get in touch. Thank you so much

2 Likes

Hi @Kal_Lam

Thanks for the earlier fix, I keep getting this error
unknown error (code 1806 SQLITE+CANTOPEN_EACCES[1806]):could not open database. Kindly assist.

Regards,
Jackson

Hi @Kimani,

Would you mind updating your KoBoCollect android app to its latest version (v1.25.1) from the play store and see if the issue still persists!

Have a great day!

let me give it a try…

1 Like

Hi @Kimani,

Please let us know if it worked out for you.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @kal_lam,
I’ve followed the support article here but i can’t open a blank form with my android phone.

I think i have a problem with the server, because there is no problem of connexion at kf.kobotoolbox on my computer, with my user ID and my password.

Hi @varlet,

Would you mind sharing us the screenshot of the setting from your KoBoCollect android app (General Settings>Server).

This would help us a lot to identify your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @kal_lam

Hi @varlet,

OK caught your issue! Under the URL simply type the following:

https://kc.kobotoolbox.org

not

https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/

You should now be able to connect to your KoBoToolbox server.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @kal_lam

I did it but it does not work.

Here is the new screenshot.

Hi @varlet,

Could you ensure that the Username and Passwords provided under the URL are correct? Kindly please let us know.

Have a great day!

Hi @kal_lam,

Yes I’m sure, because i’ve copied the same username and password
when i connect to kf.kobotoolbox.org.

My username is : varlet

image001.jpg

Hi @varlet,

In this case, would you mind checking the net connectivity for your device. Sometimes this too could hinder you from connecting your KoBoCollect android app to the server.

Have a great day!

Hi @kal_lam,

So, i’m lost…

I’ve check the net connectivity.

I’ve disabled Kaspersky antivirus.

And my android device has not been able to connect to kc.kobotoolbox.org
but it has been able to connect to kf.kobotoolbox.org

I’m located in Ivory Coast. Could it be a problem ?

I hope not.

What else could be the reason of this trouble ?

image001.jpg

Hi @varlet,

As long as your device is connected to an internet, you should be able to connect your KoBoCollect android app with the KoBoToolbox server as outlined in the discussion above. Would also advise you to try this out with a different device and see if it behaves in the same way.

Have a great day!

Hello,
I have followed your suggestions here as i was also facing same issue. I tried with gci application in apple device it worked but there is problem with 4 of the android devices. But these 4 android are the one we are going to use. How can we solve this.

Thanks and regards
Bharati