Can't get blank forms in Collect android app

Desperately awaiting some solution…please let me know what we can try to fix this. We need this form urgently for tomorrow and are at a complete loss as to how to go forward with this questionnaire on the field.

Hello @shr11ckr,

1. Did you try to download this form on other Android devices?
    Your error reported relates to a “disk” problem on the local device!

2. Can you try to download the second project (“Trial”). Do you get the same error?

I tried on 2 other android devices and one tab. Same error
I have shared the xls file for this earlier in the conversation…I am unable to find an error that could lead to this problem

I made a tiny 2 question Trial project to check…but this did not show the error. It opened

Hello @shr11ckr,
The (only) problem is that your form_title is a bit to long. Here are two small versions showing the issue:
02 ERROR ayk.xlsx (10.8 KB)
But a bit shortened, it works:
03 OK ayk.xlsx (10.9 KB)

With ascii letters the limit is 255. This will be checked by KoBoToolbox (on import and in FormBuilder). Here an example with 256.
04 ASCII ERROR ayk.xlsx (11.0 KB)
The FormBuilder can create problems for the Android device with non-ascii languages (@Kal_Lam), see examples in the 04 file (sheet Title length256).

Generally, short form titles, esp. for ODK/KoBo Collect, provide the advantage of blocking few screen space (per page)…

Furthermore, you may change the language code to the 2-letters code: bn (instead of (ben). This - Bengali (bn) - will clean the warning from the Online validator.

If a 2-letter code exists, this should always be used. Sometimes the 2-letter code is also helpful to avoid language issues for system message.

2 Likes

@wroos
wow, thank you so so much…that worked!!!
I can’t believe we are suddenly ready for the data collection. Thanks a ton

1 Like