Cascading Error

Enu Deatils 18-08-20.xlsx (12.9 KB)

Unbale to run this cascading. Where is the error?

Hi,
What is the error message you get or what is it you expected and what do you see?

Stephane

1 Like

I am expecting to be cascaded ( state>> District>> block) but the whole list of all 3 section has opened together .

Hi @rahul_521,

There is a simple workaround discussed previously that should help you develop your own cascading select question if you follow:

As a backup please feel free to have a look at our support article Adding Cascading Select Questions.

Besides, i also found a typo in your survey tab where you had accidentally typed choice_Filter instead of using the correct column name choice_filter. In addition i also found some inconsistencies under the choices tab which are as follows:

• Using a space or other characters that is not supported by the system under the name column is not permitted.
  • The code that you mention under the State and District column should be the exact match under the name column. At the moment, you have used chhattisgarh under the name column in B2 but the same under D7 is Chhattisgarh. Same implies with B7 and E29.

As a reference, you could have a look at the issues that i have tried to capture through your xlsform:

Here is your clean edited xlsform that i have fixed at me end:

Enu Deatils 18-08-20.xlsx (14.3 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

tons of thanks

I am finding the following error “There has been a problem trying to replace ${State} with the XPath to the survey element named ‘State’. There is no survey element with this name”

Hi @rahul_521,

I do not get the error message while uploading the same in my KoBoToolbox user account. Could you kindly try it again and let us know.

As a reference …

Have a great day!

1 Like

Yes It was working . I used it in another form where “state” and “district” name was being used at another place. I corrected it and it worked a bit. However it didn’t work completely.

The link of the form is https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/4wEQeLz1

Can you please help me at it

Hi,
It seems to be an issue with the Dantewada district. I also noticed that you have Dantewada as a block too, and the only one under the district. Could you confirm that this is the only case?

Stephane

Yes it is the only case

however it was perfectly working in when i was using the cascading sheet independently . Sooner I used via calling from library, it started creating pblm

Hi,
This is the cause of your problem

When you take it from the library, the names would definitely change and as such you need to amend this to reflect the new names. I would suggest you download your XLS form when you have finished pulling the design from the library and then amend it before uploading it back to replace your XLS form,

Stephane

1 Like