Cascading Levels

@Kal_Lam @stephanealoo Hi both, is there a way I can have two cascading levels on the same question. For example, I have a main activity and a sub-activity. When I select main activity, I only see tasks related to the main activity and when I select a sub-activity Only see the tasks related to the sub-activity but depending on the selected main activity. See attached.

Could you share a simple dummy response so that we could understand your issue better.

Activity_Location_Data_Collector_v3_Nov_2020_Updated.xlsx (65.0 KB)

@Kal_Lam as you can see from line 12 to 110 in choices, some of the Activity_Type are shared at IR_Level. Therefore, I wish to be able to select IR-Level and get a drop down of the cascaded Activity_Type and Activity_Name. In some cases, Activity_Type such as capacity building is shared across IR_Level. To go a bout that I had to cheat the system by naming the Capacity_Building_1,2,3 etc just to be able to get the cascaded items. Is it possible to filter by just saying capacity building is linked to IR1,2&3 etc?

I hope this helps.
Alex.

Maybe you could design your cascading select choices as outlined in the image below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

Multiple Select with Cascading Select.xlsx (12.7 KB)

1 Like

@Kal_Lam thanks. Unfortunately your option did not work as I envisioned but I opted to somewhat “cheat the system” and it worked:

2 Likes

Glad to know you finally solved your issue.