Case tracking / management: Edit previously 'sent' / uploaded forms on mobile device?

Hi all,

Quick question for the ‘hive mind.’

I’m currently in the process of designing a case-management and tracking system for an NGO that provides legal advice.

As I put this together, I’m wondering if there is a way to edit previously saved and uploaded ‘forms’ on mobile devices (so that field staff can update previous entries).

First, I know that if you do not upload the ‘instance’ then you can open it, and edit it directly on the device.

This is great, except does not enable you to track changes in data in real time, or to use different devices to track the same case (e.g. I initiate a case on my tablet, but then a colleague needs to do the follow up on hers).

Second, I know that you can locate and edit all ‘instances’ in the project space online (by viewing the data in the table, etc).

Just wondering if there is a way to send a finalized form back to a mobile device so that field staff can make changes.

For example: I open up a case, enter in all of the data, save it, and submit it. It is now in our project database so the powers that be see the case, and I can set times for follow up meetings, etc.

Then I go back to the house 3 weeks later to check in and see how things are coming along. Given new data I want to update the previous entry. Is their any way I can do this on the phone / tablet, or do I have to login to the project space and edit it manually?

Thanks for any thoughts / advice.

best,

matt

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately KoBoToolbox can’t yet look up information that was previously collected and allow updates. The way that many organizations use it, including for collecting medical data, is to always scan or write down the unique beneficiary’s ID so that later on the different information aspects can be brought back together during analysis.

We are hoping to add an update functionality in the future, but at the moment that is not yet possible. We are soon adding a new feature that will let you put previously collected data on the server and view it on the mobile device with some clever form design. While this isn’t a true update function, it allows you to manually prepare a spreadsheet of information that should be ‘updated’ prior to sending field teams out to collect new information. If you’d like to test this function ahead of release please let me know.

Best,

Tino

···

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Matthew Pritchard matthew.forb...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I’m currently in the process of designing a case-management and tracking system for an NGO that provides legal advice.

As I put this together, I’m wondering if there is a way to edit previously saved and uploaded ‘forms’ on mobile devices (so that field staff can update previous entries).

First, I know that if you do not upload the ‘instance’ then you can open it, and edit it directly on the device.

This is great, except does not enable you to track changes in data in real time, or to use different devices to track the same case (e.g. I initiate a case on my tablet, but then a colleague needs to do the follow up on hers).

Second, I know that you can locate and edit all ‘instances’ in the project space online (by viewing the data in the table, etc).

Just wondering if there is a way to send a finalized form back to a mobile device so that field staff can make changes.

For example: I open up a case, enter in all of the data, save it, and submit it. It is now in our project database so the powers that be see the case, and I can set times for follow up meetings, etc.

Then I go back to the house 3 weeks later to check in and see how things are coming along. Given new data I want to update the previous entry. Is their any way I can do this on the phone / tablet, or do I have to login to the project space and edit it manually?

best,

matt

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Tino,

Thanks very much for getting back to me and for the great information.

I’d be very grateful for the opportunity to test the new function ahead of release, and will of course be happy to report back on our experience.

Please let me know how to proceed.

best,

matt

···

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Matthew Pritchard matthew.forb...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

best,

matt

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Tim,

It seems we have a similar use to this scenario.

If you have any new releases that allows complete forms to be viewed by the field enumerators I would also be happy to rest this out.

My username is wildasia.

Thanks

Reza

Is this already available in kobo?