Collecting Lab Results

Greetings,

Hope all is well. I have a question regarding form building. We are working on a form for reporting Cholera cases. As of now, due to the structure of Kobo, we had to make two separate forms, one containing the initial information of the patient, the second containing the lab results. The reason why we do this is, we are reporting in real-time on the suspected cases (first form). We would like to combine the two forms and allow our users to enter the first part of the form when they intake the patients, and the second part of the form when the lab results come out. Why do we want this? Because in our current setting, the two forms are linked by a unique identifier. This unique identification needs to be saved from the data entry side, and this causes issues with recall. One person needs to remember the identifier they used when they have to enter the lab results. In the previous tool that we used, it was possible to update a form while still maintaining data exchange (for real-time tracking of the suspected cases). Does anyone have an idea how to obtain a similar set-up with Kobo? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance. @Kal_Lam

Kind regards,
Cem

You could do this by using our dynamic data attachment feature as outlined in this support article:

Thank you for your reply. I think this doesn’t really solve the issue that I brought up.

The guide you provided states: “With some dummy entries in the parent project , the child project can now see that data during data collection. In this example child project (Round 2 Survey ), only the two fields of Enumerators name and Identification Number are entered manually while the rest is linked automatically with the parent project

I stated: “This unique identification needs to be saved from the data entry side, and this causes issues with recall. One person needs to remember the identifier they used when they have to enter the lab results.”

So as far as I understand the issue is still there regarding the requirement of having to be able to remember the identification number for this to work. We would like to have it so that the identification doesn’t need to be entered again, but only that the form receives some kind of update.

Looking forward to your thought on this. @Kal_Lam

Hi, could you please provide a reply? @Kal_Lam