Could someone help me outline the steps on how to design a survey in xlsform and then deploy it?

I am still new in using Kobo, therefore, I have two questions that I did not find a response in original site.
firstly, can anyone help me with the excel form that can be used to write my question in, then can be uploaded in kobo to create a Kobo Questionnaire?
the second, is there any way to make any integration between two files, I mean if I have collecting some date in a questionnaire and I don’t want to repeat the same questions in the entailed questionnaire, so how can I make connection using one response e.g. ID of HouseHold. ( the same work of vlookup function in excel )

Hi @mohammedrezeq,

Welcome to the community! Please see my response to the queries you have raised:

Can anyone help me with the excel form that can be used to write my question in, then can be uploaded in kobo to create a Kobo Questionnaire?
If you wish to develop your survey questionnaire in xlsform please visit the following site. You could then create a project as mentioned in the support article here. After you have created the survey form, deploy the survey project as outlined in the support article here.

Is there any way to make any integration between two files, I mean if I have collecting some date in a questionnaire and I don’t want to repeat the same questions in the entailed questionnaire, so how can I make connection using one response e.g. ID of HouseHold. (the same work of vlookup function in excel)
Could you kindly simplify your question a bit as i was unable to understand it clearly.

GOOD DAY!

Thank your dear for your response,

my second question is can i make any integration between two kobo questionnaire? i mean if i have already finalized one questionnaire and i want to make extra questions in another questionnaire, hence i wanna make integration between the two questionnaires by the same ID of the respondent…

Hi @mohammedrezeq,

If i got you correctly, are you trying to design a tool (questionnaire) which should link with the other tool (questionnaire) which has some questions that you have already deployed which you would like to use it in the tool designed latter.

If this is the case, i am afraid KoBoToolbox does not support this feature at the moment.

GOOD DAY!

Yes.
Many Thanks dear

1 Like