Create a multiple choice question

How we can create a multiple choice question, with the options entered manually by the enumerator?

Hello,
just a quick reply. You can use ${} VarReferences in choices labels. So you need to define a (max) choices list for all possible items, each with reference in it;s label. You can use a choice_filter to exclude unfilled items (label = ‘’).
Be careful, we experienced possible problems with the dynamics in Enketo/Preview, but in KoBoCollect it worked well.
Kind regards

1 Like

Hi @wroos
Do you have a sample form in XLS of what you are referencing? I am however still not sure it answers what @salete is asking.

I would also request that @salete provides more information on what he is trying to achieve
Stephane

Dear @stephanealoo,
here is a simple example (also reporting a problem with Enketo)., working with KoBoCollect.

You are right: for better support, @salete might first provide more request specification.
Best regards
Wolfgang

2 Likes

Dear all,

Many thanks, for your help, however as I’m new in kobo, I’m missing probably a lot of things, so your help is very useful.

Here my survey created in Kobo (https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#pf8a0eRn ).
Attached the xls, download from the Kobo.

Line 43: What are the varieties of COCOA trees and the number of trees per variety do you have in your farm?

I don’t want to create the options, I would like the enumerator to identify and fill in with their varieties and respective numbers.
This will be applied in different countries with different varieties of trees, this is the reason we won’t give the options, but let the enumerator them create according to their context.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best

Salete

a9CLSzdY7pW3KCaKvU6EJr (3).xls (21.5 KB)

Hi @salete
I understand what you looking for. My suggestion would be that you actually include all varieties and use the functionality search which allows you to type some few letters and then see only the responses that match them. You can do this by making the
This avoids too much mistakes when creating the responses.
Stephane

Thanks Stephane,
We found another way to solve this.

Many thanks
Best
Salete

1 Like

Hi @salete
Do you mind sharing the way you did it as a way of sharing your experiences and learning to the rest of the group?
Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,

we just decide create a text question and ask for the name of the species and a number question to introduce the number of trees, and we ask to repeat this group if necessary. With this we are not missing any species when we apply the survey in different countries. However, in terms of analysis of the data it will be more time consuming, but for now it is not a problem.

Thanks
Salete

2 Likes

I think you can create sub question under this multiple answer with adding skip logic to show this sub question when the enumerator tick on others.

I hope this would answer to your question.

Hi @esamnang
Welcome to the forum. The actual issue was captured here

So the option you recommend may not work for them

Stephane

1 Like