Creating an other option for a select multiple question

Dear all,

I am experiencing difficulties also with a skip logic based on a select_multiple question.
I want a follow-up question to appear if the choice “other” is selected. But as it is a select_multiple, people might choose “Choice 1”, Choice 2" and “Other”. Well, even in that case I would like the follow-up question to appear. Hence, even when the “Other” is selected among other choices. The thing is that they are around 10 choices, so I am looking for something easier than a combination or “and” and “or”.

Thank you so much already.

Regards.

Have you gone through our support article User-Specified “Other” Responses for Multiple-Choice Questions. It should solve your issue.

Hi @Kal_Lam. I did check go through that article but it covers only select_one question. It does not cover that situation with select_multiple question when “other” is chosen and that other answers are also chosen.

Maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

I am afraid it does not seem to work. Here are some pictures of my problem. In the first image down here, we see that if I select “imports from other parts of the world”, a question 44b will appear for the respondent to specify.

But, if I select 2 answers, then the question 44b does not appear anymore. And my wish is that the subsequent question also appears even if I select several answers along with “imports from other parts of the world”
I hope my problem now is more clear to you.

Hello,
It should work with a relevant clause: selected(…). See here.

1 Like

Hi @fxc
This seems to be an issue with how you have created your skip logic. Do you mind sending the XLS so that we look at it? As @wroos has indicated it should work .

Stephane

1 Like

You are all right. I misused the two formulas: ${ }=’ ’ and selected( ).
Now, it works just fine.

Thank you very much to all of you for your time and help.

Regards.

2 Likes