Data editing error: failed to fetch

Hi everybody,
I’m new to the community, but I have worked with KoBo for some months now.
In one particular project, when I try to edit the submissions, I get the error message “Loading error. Error occurred during the loading of this form. It is recommended not to edit this record until this is resolved. Please contact support@kobotoolbox.org with the link to this page and the error message below: Failed to fetch”.

I have not been able to find previous posts with this specific problem. Could you please, help me out? Thanks!

Hi,
Welcome to the community forum. Could you confirm which server your project is located on?

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,
Thanks for replying. I am not sure what your question means, but my best guess is https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/
Hope I am answering your question.

1 Like

@esther, are there specific records that show this error message, or does the system show this error message for all the records when trying to edit?

Dear Kal,
Thanks for your message.
I have 922 submissions. I haven’t checked all of them one by one, but I checked about 20 randomly and they all presented the problem. I am guessing it affects all the records.

1 Like

@esther, would you mind sharing with me the following through a private message:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

You could send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously (maybe we could have a closer look at your issue):

Dear Kal,
It says that I cannot send a private message “to that user”. Could you enable me, please?
Thanks

You should now be able to send me a private message. If you still have issues, please refresh your page.

Dear Kal, I believe I sent the private message already. Please let me know if you didn’t get the information. Thanks!

We have received it. We will get back to you when we find anything we could share with you.

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Dear Kal,
I just entered the project again and the editing function seem to be working fine. I don’t know what happened. I will be checking regularly and I’ll let you know if some issue arrive. Thanks a lot for your help and time, I really appreciate it.
Best,
Esther

1 Like

Thank you for updating this with the community, @esther! Please keep us posted if you should have any other issues in the upcoming days too.