Data export from metric table appears to be a string variable

Hello, I used the metric table to collect data but when I exported to an excel file, the option of the answer appear to be a string variable (text option), it is possible if we could export data to be numeric variable, could you please advice, thank you

Hi @my_project, welcome to the community! Please make sure that the option “Store date and number responses as text” is unchecked in the “Advanced options” section of the exports tab.

If that is unchecked, then can you please share your XLSForm, either on the thread here or in a private message so I can take a look and possibly file a bug report.

1 Like

Dear Josh,
Thank you for your email, I had check the form and found that it is uncheck the store date and number response as text, I have attached here the screen capture and the URLs as following :
NB: could you also please check the order of the option of the question in the metric table as is it automatic change every time when I go to form for the edit I have to change back all the time for all the question
Thank you very much

Best Regards,
Kethmany

aPvfTefkNbihE5ZHkjW6oE.xlsx (50 KB)

@my_project, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

@my_project, please also let us know the variable name that has this issue. It would be easy to troubleshoot!

Dear Kall Lam,
Please kindly find the information as follows:

Best Regards,
Kethmany

ในวันที่ อ. 11 ต.ค. 2022 เวลา 18:51 Kal_Lam via KoboToolbox Community Forum <noreply@community.kobotoolbox.org> เขียนว่า:

1 Like

@my_project, could you also share with us the variable name (question name) so that we could funnel down your issue?

Dear Kal am,
Please kindly finds the name of the variable as follows:
consend_confirm

consend_confirm_001

_1_What_is_your_feeling_today

personality

personality_gr

allergy

food_preference (of each item in metric table)

taste

unbeloved_taste
and many other variables

I have attached here the data of my pilot
Thank you very much for your help and support

Best regards,
Kethmany

ในวันที่ พ. 12 ต.ค. 2022 เวลา 13:44 Kal_Lam via KoboToolbox Community Forum <noreply@community.kobotoolbox.org> เขียนว่า:

Food_preference_-all_versions-Lao_lao-_2022-09-20-23-26-39.xlsx|attachment (130 KB)

Dear Kal am,
I would like to follow up about the bug fixing, is there any update
NB: I would like to know how to export the row title as code or in English language (I build the form for only one language)
Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Best regards,
Kethmany

ในวันที่ พ. 12 ต.ค. 2022 เวลา 16:15 Kethmany Ratsavong <kethmany.ratsavong@gmail.com> เขียนว่า:

@my_project, did you mean you wanted to get your data in this format?

If yes, this is the download format you will need to configure:

You should be able to learn more through this support article Exporting and Downloading Your Data.

thank you very much