Data management (Data Import)

Tengo dos proyectos implementados, uno clonado del otro, son identicos pero cada uno tiene su base de datos y necesito unir los datos en un solo proyecto para obtener estadisticas que sumen ambas bases. ¿Como puedo hacer?

Welcome to the community, @smviana22! Merging the dataset at the project level is not possible. However, you could first download the dataset for one of the projects and then upload the data using a python code to the other project (outlined in the post discussed previously):

Thanks @Kal_Lam I tried the script xls2xml.py of the suggested repository, but I’m getting this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "xls2xml.py", line 300, in <module>
        gen_xml(INPUT_EXCEL_FILE)
      File "xls2xml.py", line 252, in gen_xml
        book = xlrd.open_workbook(path)
      File "/home/user/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xlrd/__init__.py", line 170, in open_workbook
        raise XLRDError(FILE_FORMAT_DESCRIPTIONS[file_format]+'; not supported')
    xlrd.biffh.XLRDError: Excel xlsx file; not supported

It says “Excel xlsx file; not supported”, but the repository has examples that use this type of file and they also fail.
Maybe this repository is not longer supported, which means that it is no longer a valid answer. Or am I doing something wrong with the steps?

If you know another option to do that I want I’ll really appreciate. Thanks!

I found the problem :slight_smile:
I installed the library xlrd-2.0.1, but the project works with the library xlrd-1.2.0
So… instead of run pip install lxml as the README says you need to specify the version and run: pip install xlrd==1.2.0

I hope this be helpful for others.

2 Likes

@smviana22, thank you for sharing this with the entire community! It should help the community having similar issues.