Data Missing from ENKETO

Hello, I began to collect information through ENKETO, by monitoring the collection of information the platform shows me a number of surveys received, however when downloading the xls many rows appeared empty and I don’t know why. Can you help me?

Hi @isismundo,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing with us the screenshot of the empty rows? Would you also mind checking the questions that has an empty row (whether these questions are made mandatory in your survey form). Sometimes, if the questions are optional (instead of having them as mandatory) the information for that questions may be missing.

Have a great day!

The rows empty are in yellow. All the questions of the survey are mandatory this is why I worried about, and are around 35 empty rows.

Hi,
We noticed this from other users that this was an issue with people having deployed multiple versions of the forms which could have resulted to some of those blank questions. Could you please check to ensure that this is not the case.

Stephane

Hello, Stephane, thank you very much for your answer, in fact, before starting to gather information, I had to modify and implement the survey several times, however, once the data collection started, I have not implemented it again. In that case, have I lost information or is it just empty cells?

Isis

Hi @isismundo,

Have you manually uploaded the data to your KoBoToolbox account as outlined in the support article here. If yes, this should be the reason for blank rows despite the fact that your questions are mandatorily required.

Have a great day!

Hi, actually I haven’t, all the data are collected by people in rural areas, I just only receive the information in my platform by them. There’s is no way to upload data in that way at this time because of the quarentine.

Hi @isismundo,

Could you kindly track down the device (PC, tablet, mobile) used, browsers used, and operating system of the device for the blank cases recorded in your survey project. This should help us test the same at our end and see if it’s something that has been causing you the problem.

Have a great day!

Hello @isismundo
Just a hint: All the “missing” (yellow marked) cases have a very short time between start and end (first 2 columns), mostly less than 90 seconds only. Is this realistic for normal data entry in your form?

1 Like

Hello, this looks potentially similar to some previous threads:

• this thread was also re Enketo forms with all questions mandatory, two different peoples’ examples, both in non-English languages, no solution given in the thread
1 Like