Data outputs with extra columns

Hello All,

I have just downloaded a test set of data from my form and it has added in extra columns at the end with '1’s after the standard fields in the KoboOutput

Can any one advise me as to why this is happening?

@Rusti, could you also let us know the server you are using?

Hi Kal,

thanks for the response, its on the server.


1 Like

@Rusti, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

  • Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

@Rusti, thank you for brining this to our attention. Could you kindly please explain a bit about how this first happened or when you first noticed this? It would help us troubleshoot.

Hi Kal, the project is based on a form we have used several times before and not had this issue.

There have been several updates to this version including numerous calculate fields to illustrate answers in ‘Notes’ to help the enumerators do some QC. Looking at where the ‘1s’ are I cannot see any pattern in what is causing them i.e. tablets; dates; options selected.

We only noticed this issue when uploading and running the initial trials with the modified form.

1 Like

@Rusti, before I dive into it, would you mind making a clone of that project and then deploying it as a fresh project? Then make some dummy entries to see if that too creates the additional 1s.

Hi Kal,

I have started doing that under a different account. I removed all languages from the form as I am having issues with the multiple language which think is linked to the ‘search’ csv that I am using (the other post I made).

The same form with only 1 language did the same with the 1s.

I will try breaking down parts of the form to find out what is causing it, but we have had internet issues here today so I have not got very far with uploading different versions.

We broke the form into several parts for training and I checked the submitted data for each part and it was not making the 1s (these are archived under the same account I sent), and the data was correct. It is something in the complete form which is causing it.

Hi Kal,

I seem to have isolated the problem to the way in which I setup the select_one from csv which was causing an issue with the multi-language setup which seems to have been causing the additional 1s.

I have move the data from csv’s to the choices sheet in the xlsform and it is validating online and the extra columns seem to have disappeared.

Will use this work around until I work out how to set up the csv in a better manner.