Data presentation

Hie guys! I first created a form that required enumerators to enter i.e type in certain data of participants. However, due to many spelling errors I resorted to creating a new question with a ‘select one’ command and listed the options to be selected. I then redeployed the form. After collecting more data I checked the data stats so far and it’s now showing the previously entered data and the now selected data as different values. How can I fix this to make them one? The 2 Vibrant groups shown in the picture should be one group. The second picture is showing the selection option. Previously, the enumerator had to type in either ‘Virent or Vibrant or Spirited or Graceful’ but now they have to ‘select one’

You can only change this manually now, either externally, e.g. in Excel, or by editing each old submission.

Hint: Try to avoid changing forms during development. Do systematic pretests. If a change cannot be avoided, always test it first a clone of the form, including data export

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’ll try that and thank you for the hint as well.

1 Like

There could have been better options, if you tested it before.
If you only change the type of the question (from text to select), but not its name, there will not be a second variable created. You would get the old choice names in the same column. (And if you export with setting last version only option, you might even get relating labels as far as mapping possible).

1 Like

Alright. Thank you so much. I only thought of changing the type when it was too late. I however edited manually as you had suggested and thankfully there was an option to edit all and it worked. I hope the mapping eventually will work despite the changes.

1 Like

@wroos, @sisterhoodhelp, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: