Data Submission Missing

@Kal_Lam Yes it is the same form which I had reported previously.

It is the same project

@kd.nukhba, will get back to you when we solve this issue.

1 Like

Hello @kd.nukhba, could you describe as well as you can remember what you’ve done between May 5, when this project was correctly showing 3500+ submissions, and today, when they have all disappeared? Did any action seem to correlate with the submissions vanishing? For example, perhaps you were editing submissions or updating validation statuses in bulk.

All of your data is intact—it’s just missing from a cache—but obviously I would like to understand why this is happening. I’m reviewing our logs for anything out of the ordinary, but any information you can provide about actions that possibly trigger this bug would be very helpful.

I will correct the cache shortly, which will allow you to view and export your data again.

1 Like

This is complete, and I verified 3536 submissions in the table view and XLSX export.

2 Likes

There were 26 attempts to delete data in bulk from your form between 04:28 and 04:53 UTC today, 2021-05-20. These attempts came from the same IP address that you use to post on this forum. I’ll start a private conversation with you and share the access logs.

My preliminary theory is that these attempts to delete up to 500 records at a time all 3000+ submissions at once timed out and failed. When that happens, our primary database rolls back any changes made during the failed request—so the submissions were not fully deleted. The cache, however, does not roll back like this, and once a submission is removed from the cache, it no longer appears in the table view or exports.

2 Likes

Issue for this now open at Asynchronously delete submissions (MongoDB desynchronization) · Issue #3230 · kobotoolbox/kpi · GitHub.

1 Like

hey dear i am having a issue for my website open this Carpet flooring dubai