DataError: File not complete or ID not provided

Dear all,

Two of my users reported a bug message on a form, as shown below:

They said that the error occurs when they try to submit the form. I am not understanding what could be the origin of it. Could you please support me on how to solve it?

@nnsdtr, you mean you have a team collecting data with Enketo. The other team members don’t have issues submitting data, while two members have this error message. Did I get you correctly? If yes, could you also let us know the browser these two users are using to collect data?

Hi, @Kal_Lam

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, this form is relatively new, having been put into production this week. Three users are responsible for filling it out. Two of them have reported this error message on some of their submission attempts. Apparently, the message appears occasionally since they have already managed to submit a few forms this week.

They are using both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

1 Like

Which server are you using? Is it our publicly hosted server or is it on your self-hosted server?

We’re using the public hosted server.

OK, seems like it’s not an issue that occurs persistently. But if should happen, please feel free to reach us back.

Hi, @Kal_Lam

The problem hasn’t disappeared. The issue seems to happen when users switch accounts by signing in.

@nnsdtr, could you provide more details on this:

Our users occasionally need to input data on the same machine. Because each user has their own Kobotoolbox account, users must switch accounts on the same computer to fill out the form. Apparently, the error message displays when this changeover occurs.

@nnsdtr, maybe this should help you solve your issue then: