Detach of a tablet from the account

Hi,
how can I remove access from all saved files within the kobo app in a tablet remotedly? I changed the password of my account from PC, but still I can see the old questionnaires inside the tablet.
Thanks in advance!

@theobogeas, it depends on how you configured your Collect android app. Could you also share the General Settings>Server from your Collect android app? We should be able to give you more complete answer upon seeing the configuration you have made there.

Thank you @Kal_Lam Kal_Lam for your prompt reply !
Unfortunately, the tablet was stolen, so I was wondering what other security options I can take to block the access to the complete forms by anyway who will trespass the tablet’s password.
Will it be helpful if I send you these details from another tablet that is attached to the same project?

Hi @theobogeas

Unfortunately, we do not provide remote control access within the KoBoToolbox platform.

I would however recommend that if you are afraid of new submissions, you should change the password to the account collecting the data. This would ensure that no other submissions can be made if the person is able to get the password to the phone.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Thank you Stephane for your immediate reply. Perhaps a suggestion to the Kobo programmers, to strategise this change in the future? It would be really important, for the protection and safety of personal data and to be in accordance with european General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

Best,
Theo

1 Like

Hi @theobogeas
Do you mind raising this within the suggestion box if it is still not there Suggestion Box - KoBoToolbox Community Forum ?

Regards
Stephane

1 Like