Development Mode

I’m trying to write an extension for KoboToolbox. I’ve followed all the instructions in the dist-kobo-devel directory, including cloning the repositories to dist-kobo-devel/src. However, any changes I’ve made haven’t been showing up when I go to localhost:8000. I tried to tweak a few colours in the css files just to make sure everything is being read, but apparently it isn’t. Has anyone had this problem or have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Laura,
What kind of extension are you trying to build? There are two ways you can make changes to the code in the vagrant installation. The first is by simply accessing the files on the server by typing in vagrant ssh in a terminal in the dist-kobo-devel directory, then making the changes you want in the [vagrant]/src directory. You will see that the changes are reflected immediately once the file is changed (assuming you’re comfortable with editing files through vi).

The second way, which you were trying to do, requires you to run vagrant reload --provision after pulling the different repositories into the dist-kobo-devel/src directory. Because this is pulling in the latest code this process might break. So if you’re experiencing issues at this stage please write to us separately to sup...@kobotoolbox.org and we can try to help you out more directly.

Best,
Tino

···

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:50 PM Laura Wynne lwyn...@gmail.com wrote:

I’m trying to write an extension for KoboToolbox. I’ve followed all the instructions in the dist-kobo-devel directory, including cloning the repositories to dist-kobo-devel/src. However, any changes I’ve made haven’t been showing up when I go to localhost:8000. I tried to tweak a few colours in the css files just to make sure everything is being read, but apparently it isn’t. Has anyone had this problem or have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.