Disable mouse scroll wheel on numeric questions

When entering numeric values, it is all too easy to scroll the number down accidentally when you meant to scroll down the page.
What is even worse about this issue is that it is very easy to miss this mistake if you scroll numeric question off the screen…

Some users may like the ability to use the scroll wheel to change numeric answers, but it would be good to have an option to disable the scroll wheel for numeric questions.

I am using Firefox 80

Hi @Sceptre,

Welcome to the community! Thank you for making this wonderful suggestion. Could you kindly backup with a screenshot of the issue so that it would be easy for us to validate the same at our end.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Sure thing, though I’m not sure how much extra value it provides.
The scroll wheel works while the cursor is within the bounds of the integer number entry box, so you enter a number, then scroll down to the next question and may not notice that the number has decreased by your scroll wheel turn amount.

Number is entered:

(continued in next post as I can’t post 2 images in the same message)

1 Like

After scrolling down

1 Like

Hi @Sceptre,

Could you let us know the question type you are using (i.e. the integer or the decimal)? Also could you let us know the browser you are using? Checking the same at my end.

Have a great day!

The browser is Firefox 80
It is an integer question, but decimal faces the same issue.

Decimal also faces an additional issue that when scrolling, it only increments/decrements by whole numbers.

1 Like

Hi @Sceptre,

Kindly please be informed that i could too reproduce this issue with firefox for both the integer as well as the decimal question types. However the issue is not seen with other modern browsers viz. chrome or Edge.

Hence, i would recommend you to use either chrome or edge to overcome this issue at the moment.

Thank you once again for bringing this issue to the entire KoBoToolbox community! Expecting the same in the upcoming days as well.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam

Recently, I´ve faced the same problem with Enketo, but I am using Edge and Chrome. Both of them have the same problem with the mouse scrolling wheel. Is there any other way to disable this feature in Enketo?

Thank you for your attention!

1 Like

@ricardonfc, could you kindly share with us a short video of the bug so that we could replicate it at our end.