DNS Settings Required

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to setup the Kobo server and use one of the existing public domain we own. We are successful in testing the setup using the hosts file.

We are now trying to configure the domains and subdomains where we own our domain. We tried to redirect the domain and subdomain to the public IP of our system. Though the request hit the server, we got the error when the server sent a redirect url as response.

Could someone please let me know the exact DNS settings we need to make?

Assume that below is the domain and subdomains we are trying to configure.

Domain: example.co.in

subdomains: kc-loca, kf-local, ee-local

Regards,

Karthik

Hi, Karthik.

Was the error due to the 301 redirect to HTTPS? If you have more details on your error, I might have tips on how to get things working. As far as kobo-docker is concerned, you just need to follow the instructions and make sure your DNS for all three subdomains points to the public IP address of the server it’s running on.

Regards,
Esmail

···

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 9:30:01 AM UTC-4, Karthik Pulluru wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to setup the Kobo server and use one of the existing public domain we own. We are successful in testing the setup using the hosts file.

We are now trying to configure the domains and subdomains where we own our domain. We tried to redirect the domain and subdomain to the public IP of our system. Though the request hit the server, we got the error when the server sent a redirect url as response.

Regards,

Karthik

Hi Esmail,

Thanks for your response. Yes, the error is when the 301 redirection is happening. We are encountering two errors predominantly which are attached.

Redirect error is encountered yesterday when the redirection is happening to the below url.

https://kc-local.example.co.in/accounts/login/?next=/kobocat/

Could you please provide your suggestions for both the errors attached?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

···

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 8:29:05 PM UTC+5:30, Esmail Fadae wrote:

Hi, Karthik.

Was the error due to the 301 redirect to HTTPS? If you have more details on your error, I might have tips on how to get things working. As far as kobo-docker is concerned, you just need to follow the instructions and make sure your DNS for all three subdomains points to the public IP address of the server it’s running on.

Regards,
Esmail

Hello Everyone,

Regards,

Karthik

Hi, Karthik. It’s difficult to say exactly what your issue is. The mention of “cgiadmin” is unfamiliar to me, so I wonder if some other service is receiving your requests. Also, I’d expect that redirect to be pointing to your KPI subdomain rather than your KoBoCAT subdomain (which I’m assuming is kc-local), so it seems like something in your configuration is inconsistent.

Regardless, I’m guessing you don’t actually own the DNS records and SSL certificates for example.co.in, so there’s not much point in trying to test with that domain. Please use the HTTP-only “local” setup.

···

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 10:16:26 AM UTC-4, Karthik Pulluru wrote:

Hi Esmail,

Thanks for your response. Yes, the error is when the 301 redirection is happening. We are encountering two errors predominantly which are attached.

Redirect error is encountered yesterday when the redirection is happening to the below url.

https://kc-local.example.co.in/accounts/login/?next=/kobocat/

Could you please provide your suggestions for both the errors attached?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 8:29:05 PM UTC+5:30, Esmail Fadae wrote:

Hi, Karthik.

Regards,
Esmail

Hello Everyone,

Regards,

Karthik