Downloading and viewing photos through the URL

Dear bro,

I hope you are doing well and safe.

Someone has shared a project with me, one of the questionaire questions is taking photo, when I downloaded the data from my kobo account in xls, there are links of photo. I would like to see the photo, first I copied the link in xls and pasted into the broswer then it needed user name and pasword, it did not appear the photo.

can you help me in this regard that what is the problem

regards,
Wazir

Dear bro,

I hope you are doing well and safe.

Someone has shared a project with me, one of the questionaire questions is taking photo, when I downloaded the data from my kobo account in xls, there are links of photo. I would like to see the photo, first I copied the link in xls and pasted into the broswer then it needed user name and pasword, it did not appear the photo.

can you help me in this regard that what is the problem

regards,
Wazir

@wazir1234, you will need to do the following to be able to view the photos:

• Downloading the dataset in XLS format.
  • You will also need to keep your KoboToolbox account open that collected the image question.
  • Open your dataset that is in the XLS format.
  • Copy the image URL and then paste it in the same browser where your KoboToolbox account is open (i.e. if you have logged in to your account in Chrome, you will need to paste the URL in a new tab in Chrome). Note, if you paste the URL in a different browser other then where your KoboToolbox account is open (i.e. if you have logged in to your account in Chrome, but you pasted the URL in Edge or any other browser then Chrome) then you will get this login message:
  • In this case, you will need to login with your KoboToolbox credentials to view the image (photo).
  • If you do not wish to see this login message, you will need to make your data public by checking the Anyone can view submissions made to this form under SETTINGS>Sharing as shown in the image below: